1. Hello and welcome to All Pink Floyd Fan Network (or APFFN for short), a wonderful community of souls relishing in the music, history, mystery, and the all around wonderous aura of Pink Floyd.

Please register free to join our community, get rid of advertisement on our pages and participate in our discussions. Registration is quick and even easier if you have a Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account!
  1. NeedlessKane

NeedlessKane APFFN New Member

I've heard some good things about the GT-3/6 effects processors from Boss but usually i'm a totally anti-processor kinda guitarist, but i figure if Boss makes it, it's got to be good.

Does anyone know if the effects that are bundled with that processor the actual Boss effects? I know this question sounds redundant but for example, if the processor has an Overdrive effect, would it be the Boss DS-1 effect?

I'm very seriously considering buying one but I would like some feedback.

Btw my goal is to replicate *as close as possible* the DSOT and PULSE tour tone/effects that Dave used. I'm aware that alot of his tone was "doctored" by the PA.

Thanks in advance.

-Taylor
  2. New Noise

New Noise APFFN New Member

It very well could be the actual Boss stomp-box effects but I'm not sure because I've never tried one. If you check out www.musiciansfriend.com or something like it, you can read product reviews and possibly find out. That'd be pretty sweet.

And by the way, the DS-1 is not an Overdrive pedal, it's a distortion pedal. Huuuge difference :wink:
  3. NeedlessKane

lol yeah i mean't distortion. I don't really care for the DS-1 that much, but to each their own.
  4. New Noise

It sounds good with a tube amp and a nice warm guitar. It's usually the only distortion I use live.
  5. NeedlessKane

yeah it's one of those pedals that the ppl who like it REALLY like it and those who don't, really DON'T likeit
  6. New Noise

That's very very true. It sounds not so great with a strat though.
  7. NeedlessKane

I totally agree. I've been playing my LP primarily for about 2 years and then yesterday I played with my strat at band practice....what a difference! You don't really realize it until you go from playing one allthe time then switching.
  8. New Noise

Totally. A strat feels a lot more beautiful to play though. A Les Paul is just for rocking out. Most of the time anyways.
  9. NeedlessKane

yeah, i can't get into any Hendrix/SRV/PF without a strat *as it should be :)* but the low end ballsy crunch of a vintage Les Paul running through a vintage tube amp comin out a marshall cab is pretty hard to beat. Definitely makes covering Zeppelin worth while :)