1. Hello and welcome to All Pink Floyd Fan Network (or APFFN for short), a wonderful community of souls relishing in the music, history, mystery, and the all around wonderous aura of Pink Floyd.

Please register free to join our community, get rid of advertisement on our pages and participate in our discussions. Registration is quick and even easier if you have a Facebook, Google+ or Twitter account!
  1. floydhoon

floydhoon APFFN New Member

Does anyone here have the entire text from the speech by Pink at the end Waiting For The Worms, I need it for My band to cover it properly,

Thanx

2. Bride of a Bull

Bride of a Bull THIS, I don't need I support APFFN Former APFFN Mod

Have a look at the "Official Releases" on the tab on the left under [[DISCOGRAPHY]] (and LYRICS) on this site and you view the Complete lyrics of The Wall, as well as all the others.

But for quick reference, here it is:

“The Worms will convene outside Brixton Bus Station.

We'll be moving along at about 12 o'clock down Stockwell Road {...} {Abbot's Road} {...} twelve minutes to three we'll be moving along Lambeth Road towards Vauxhall Bridge.

Now when we get to the other side of Vauxhall Bridge we're in Westminster {Borough} area. It's quite possible we may encounter some {...} by the way we go. {...}."

Either the sleeve notes did not expand on the bits left out ({...}) or the person transcribing the lyrics onto this site couldn't quite make out the garbled rest.

All the place names mentioned are in London and it is eerie to hear them referred to when all are a simple double-decker bus ride away from where I now sit. Spooky.

"Waiting...to cut out the deadwood."

Floyd on!
    Byron

3. floydhoon

floydhoon APFFN New Member

thank you very much

4. fixxlevy

fixxlevy A middle of the road type Former APFFN Mod

Yeah- far out- I was at a party on Stockwell Rd last year.

5. PeRCeiVe

PeRCeiVe APFFN New Member

btw: "It's quite possible we may encounter some Jew-boys etc."

Got that from an interview w/the man himself.

6. Wrightkeys

Wrightkeys APFFN New Member

You know the sad thing is that every time I hear that speech I think of Bob Geldof not Roger Waters!!! Isn't that weird???

7. Not Now John

Not Now John APFFanatic! I support APFFN

That's because Bob put his own spin on it, the garbled mess at the end in the movie, was at least if I remember correctly from what I heard Rog say, totally Bob just screaming into a megaphone, whatever he wanted to say. Anyway it is one of those great parts of the movie that make it so much better than the album (IN MY OPINION).

8. Bride of a Bull

I tell ya, it felt weird sitting in the audience during this bit. Even weirder was the single spotlights playing on random spots of the audience.

Whew!, I was thinking in my paranoid way when it was over, being at least two of the groups harangued in surrogate-Pink's tirade. ;-)

"But there's a man answering."

Floyd hard!
    Byron

9. PeRCeiVe

I always wondered what was different about "In the Flesh" when I saw that movie. I mean, they had alternate versions of Mother, Empty Spaces (What Shall We Do Now?), and The Thin Ice...but ItF sounded so...different. Turns out it was indeed Sir Bob singing. Hm.

10. fixxlevy

Smoking a joint? With spots?

Or some of the racially motivated shit?

11. Bride of a Bull

LOL!

I'd expected someone to venture guesses as to which harangued groups I belong, and wasn't at all surprised it was fixxlevy. /forums/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Come to think of it, there are three! /forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Shame on me forgetting the lyrics entire. And fixxlevy was getting warmer with his latter guessing, but enough of that.

It seems Roger may have pre-empted (caused?) the P.C. revolution by representing the contemporary fascism of the Mighty Right as a brave tableaux in The Wall. The G.Scarfe graphics were a trip as well.

Floyd on!

12. PeRCeiVe

Was watching the Simpsons lately, and I noticed a few things:

1. The episode where Homer becomes the circus freak (the cannonball-in-the-gut guy), he stumbles into this cannon-like machine and is hit in the stomach by a pink projectile. The projectile inflates into a pig and flies off. Peter Frampton (about to perform at whatever concert festival it was) complains "Hey, I bought that pig at Pink Floyd's yard sale!"

2. Mr. Burns addresses a hippie. "I owe it all to you, little Lisa. And our hemp-smoking friend here. Shine on, you crazy diamond."

3. Homer accidentally puts a drink containing peyote on the market. Ned, sitting in his car at a red light, takes a drink. Several cartoony characters start crossing the road in front of him, including the marching hammers from the Wall movie.

Well, that all just came to me at once after reading the last post :grin:

Anyone else get as giddy as I did seeing those?

13. Bride of a Bull

Yeah, Pink Floyd and The Simpsons. Mmmmmmm!

Floyd on!

14. Not Now John

Not Now John APFFanatic! I support APFFN

Exxxccellent

15. fixxlevy

Mmmmm, slanty.